Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators and bureaucrats can access a few additional functions, such as:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing
- Very quick "rollbacks" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
- Editing user rights (This is limited to bureaucrats only).
Please note that just because admins have more power in some areas does not mean they are "in control." This is in accordance with our equality policy. An administrators' job is instead simply to protect pages following the protection policy and block users who are not following the rules.
Some Wikia staff members have full access to all Wikia. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any wiki. Wikia janitors have limited administrator access to all Wikia for cleanup purposes. These users will be shown on Special:Listusers/janitor on any Wikia. Please see the Central Wikia contact page for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
AnimationCity Wiki's StaffEdit
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given bureaucrat access automatically so they can make any other user on their wiki a rollback, administrator, or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
Becoming an administratorEdit
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. This can be done by requesting sysop status on "Project:Vote for Adminship." If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an administrator, please contact the community staff on the Central Wikia.